Visa Application

Student Visas
You will need to obtain and maintain a student visa until the completion of your course. You can obtain visa information from the nearest Australian Embassy or Australian High Commission or local Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) offices.

You can apply for your student visa as soon as you receive a letter of offer or electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your full-time course of study.

You should contact your local Australia Government office overseas to find out more on how to apply and what documents you will need to support your application.


Am I eligible to study with Media Makeup?

You must be at least 18 years of age to apply to study at Media Makeup Academy.

Country Assessment Level
Student visa applications are assessed based on your country's level of risk (level 1 being low, level 5 being very high). Each assessment level has differing criteria. This criteria includes financial, English and other requirements.

English Language
All classes at Media Makeup are conducted in English.

Your Student Visa and Academic Responsiblites
To retain your student visa, you must abide by its conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in the cancellation of your visa.

These conditions include but are not limited to:

  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Expects students to attend all timtabled classes
  • Complete the course within the duration specific in the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
  • Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover while in Australia
  • Notify Media Makeup of your Australian address and any subsequent changes of address within 7 days

Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
Once you have been issued your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment and have obtained your student visa, the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs regulations state that you cannot change your study by moving to another institution in the first year of studying. After the first year you may change your provider.  However your new provider has to issue you with a new eletronic Confirmation of Enrolment so your student visa does not get cancelled.

Financial Responsibilities
Incidental expenses are to be paid 30 days before the commencement date. A 50% deposit is due once you have accepted the offer. The deposit is part of the overall tuition fee. Tuition fees are paid in 6 payment instalments. These instalments are due at the end of each study period. 

Overseas Students Health Cover
All international students must have current health insurance while studying in Australia – this is a visa regulation.

You will receive an Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) membership card, containing your membership number. Always take it with you when using any medical/health service. You will have to pay full price if you do not take your OSHC membership card. Some doctors or clinics require you to pay at the time of the service, so check when you make an appointment. Remember to always keep your receipts.

The OSHC covers basic medical services and emergency ambulance transport. Additional cover is available for services not covered by OSHC, such as dental, physiotherapy and optical services.